two patterns in minimalism


after struggling with so many delicious styling images, I pick up one of my favourite - layers in two patterns or above.

see fashion in a broader view always one of my determination.
MintDesigns also keep the determination as well, they are Tokyo-based designer brands who included Nao Yagi and Hokuto Katsui.
they do fashion and some cute toys collaboration too. 
edgy pattern, layering and quirky headgear/lace are the main fashion elements to play in their design.
I always expected more on the creative headgear in their collection, give me the unforgettable and influential inspiration on my design.

they showcased the 'buffalo-horns-alike' headgear, the shape is artistic with many layers of silk and knotted.
the braided knots behind of the headgear keep flowing slightly when the models walking down on the runway, it's interesting!




'almost blue' by MintDesigns A/W 2011 collection presented on how well the two patterns could be wearing together without adding on too much colour or fabric.


zig-zag patterns matching with studded dots, something you and me would not try in usual, maybe..
but, match them in a way more feminine style + pop out of vibrant colours.. we could make it shine.
I like how the zig-zag patterns presented on the pieces, and dress-up the models with brogue and keep the pieces in knee-length, such romantic length to wear♥


  






pocket-accessorized on the studded dots fabrics make the design not-so-traditional yet fun. trying to put my reusable jeans pocket on my pants too :)

excellent composition between horizontal and vertical of the zig-zag and stripy fabrics are playing by designers, a strong comparison visual effect and interesting repetition patterns usage make the overall even eye-catching.








remember to send your little love for Japan through a simple click of donation here♥

P.S: I am glad that this article very honoured to be featured in IFB - Links A La mode (24 March 2011)

Comments

  1. Interesting blog.
    I just came across your blog and loved.
    Like the patterns and love the shoes in the next post.
    I actually couldn't comment in the next post.
    Do drop by my blog.
    I follow your blog now. Be sure to follow mine... :)
    Fashion Panache

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the silhouetted figure pattern on one of the dresses, that's very cool.
    Gorgeous post!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment