savage beauty by the Great Alexander McQueen


Like I says "you would not get everyone applause on what you are done, even good or better"
but you are the one and only who could judge the right or wrong towards what you are done.
Great design is not a certain, when you are amazed by someone talent..
do you ever appreciate the efforts behind the design?
I met many people who love to critic yet don't have the exact point to stand for their opinions, said by Karl Lagerfeld "I am open to everything. When you start to criticize the times you live in, your time is over."

I couldn't tell the fashion design talent must related the natural-born thing, but when I look through RIP Alexander McQueen whose father is a taxi driver and mother is a social science teacher, I knew that..
natural-born is not a must, but the potent efforts which must included on the person who wish to be a successful and influential fashion designer.


Vogue US, May edition displays Alexander McQueen iconic fashion design pieces with 'Savage Beauty' exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute on 4th May 2011 - 31 July 2011.
















fabrics and layering are outlining the romantic narrative and the well-polished craftsmanship which presented his signature design such as the kimono jacket, the bumster trouser and the Origami frock coat.
besides, the 1860s, 1880s, 1890s, and 1950s fashion elements also bring out on his design with adding on contemporary art and detailed silhouettes. 






His divine and provocative design pieces are wearing by the models like Caroline Trentini, Coco Rocha, Karen Elson and Raquel Zimmerman.



each design seems like telling us an astonishing story which could make us walk into his design world without much considerations.
and I walked into it when I look through his design everytime.




let's sneak peek here for the background of the display to get an in-depth view of his genius design~
and the intro video of the exhibition: for more details of exhibition, click here♥






Comments

  1. HEY ! check my blog , because i done a post about Alexander Mcqueen.
    http://modefemme.blogspot.com/2011/02/alexander-mcqueen-enfant-terrible.html
    my blog-follow me !
    http://modefemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexander McQueen could make you fall in love with each design. I can't wait till the exhibit at the MMOA opens honoring him.
    The 8th picture I love the most.

    Za

    www.shoeocracy.blogspsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talent is a result of real inner passion,true love about your work,making reality your purpose and perspectives.I belive he had a unique ability to leave his mark on anything he made.when seeing an outfit u knew if it was McQueen.Very nice post.i enjoyed reading it.Keep up the good posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks dear for your sweet words.. it's always so encouraging when reading the comments in my blog post..
    english is not my mother language, but I always try to keep improving on it.. hope to write something better for all of my readers too..
    the spirit of Alexander McQueen which inspires me to work hard for my dreams..
    and I love the attitude I have in the fashion, and hope it would bring me to a step closer for my dream..
    will keep up my work, hope you will stay tuned for more updates.. :)

    sincerely,
    fumiko♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment