Balenciaga Redesign


[original design] Balenciaga knitwear

[original design] Balenciaga knitwear

It's the time to awake the summer spirit, 
I think it's also the exact time for my Balenciaga knitwear to a whole new look!
Here I am to redesign it.

I styling the original Balenciaga knitwear,
it's a long sleeves sweater with a ruffles-tie knot around the neck.

It's very basic in design,
I thought this is very simple,
and I would wear it out with a younger and edgy design!


 [before redesign] styling the original of Balenciaga knitwear


[before redesign] the ruffles-tie around neck




So let's see how I turned this knitted top to a
chic cropped top~

I remove the ruffles-tie around the neck first. 


[steps]: removing the ruffles-tie around the neck

[steps]: ruffles-tie is removed

Then,
I start to cut out the sleeves, and also the hem,
and stretch the fabric to create loosen pattern on it.


[steps]: marking the sleeves' part which I wish to cut out

[steps]: stretching the fabric for a loosen effect

[steps]: cutting out the hem with a curve line which I designed

[steps]: cutting at hem is done

I wish to add a sense of young and stylish, with 'more' of my fashion style,
instead of the original design which is very feminine and formal. 




[after redesign] Balenciaga knitwear in Fumiko Kawa version

And I styling this redesign with three looks :)


[after redesign] first styling the Balenciaga knitwear in Fumiko Kawa redesign version: front view

[after redesign] first styling the Balenciaga knitwear in Fumiko Kawa redesign version: back view

[after redesign] second styling the Balenciaga knitwear in Fumiko Kawa redesign version

[after redesign] Third styling the Balenciaga knitwear in Fumiko Kawa redesign version

Here it is the stop-motion video of 
Balenciaga knitwear's redesigning process,
check this out:






I hope you all enjoy, 
and always proud of your style.


#IWantto 
be myself

~fumiko.

Comments